Friday, January 30, 2009

Oh Joy: Land of the Lost is Coming Soon!


It's baaa-aaaack.

It is Land of the Lost, the Saturday morning show that I adored when I was a kid. For those of you unfamiliar with this brilliant piece of work, it starred Rick, the dad, and his two kids, Will and Holly, who were on an innocent rafting trip when something happened and they fell back in time to when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. All kinds of hijinks ensued, including some involving a race of creepy aliens called Sleestaks.

To say that I loved this show, which ran from 1974 to 1976, is actually an understatement. I Netflix-ed it awhile back and showed it to my son, Henry, who was still teething at the time. It was hopelessly dorky when I saw it again, but I didn't care. I still loved it.

At any rate, there must be other middle-aged fans as lame as I am, because there's a Land of the Lost MOVIE coming out, starring Will Ferrell. I didn't recognize the rest of the cast list, but there are AWFUL lot of Sleestaks on the list, so I'm expecting loads of Sleestak shenanigans in the re-make. Release date is June 9th. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! You'll have to find another babysitter for Henry on June 9th. I'm going to see it with you! ha. Actually...I can't see Paul being thrilled to see it so problem solved.
I haven't seen it in a very long time but when I was little the, (cough cough)re-reruns (cough)were what I watched :) Can't wait to see it on the big screen. I'm bringing a bagel.

Elizabeth DeVita-Raeburn said...

okay, okay, we all KNOW you're not middle-aged now. paul and andrew and henry can all (or "all both," as henry would say) do puzzles while we go watch it. we'll have to hit brooklyn bagel first....