Friday, November 21, 2008

What do movies and pie have in common?


"Quentin Tarantino has said the sign of a good film is that it makes you want to go home, eat some pie and talk about it."

I love this quote. That's from an article in The National Post. It reminded me of how much Paul and I talked about "Synechdoche, New York" after we saw it. And all the other movies--"Tell No One" and "Trouble the Water," for instance--that I'm still talking about. And it makes me think of all those times when I actually noticed that, almost as soon as I'd left the theater, the movie I'd just seen was gone from my mind. Poof!

The National Post has something called a Popcorn Panel every week, in which experts, laypeople, etc..."talk" about a new movie. (I really enjoyed the discussion on "Synechdoche.") A quick perusal of their site suggests that they don't generally include spoilers in these discussions, but when they do, they put a big "spoiler alert" sign at the top of the article. Worth checking out--especially if you're just not done talking about a particular film.

For your convenience, I've added a link on the right of this page.

No comments: