Monday, November 10, 2008

Great movie lines


“Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night.”

That line was uttered by Margo Channing (Bette Davis) in “All about Eve” (1950). And it just popped into my head..it does that occasionally.

Which got me thinking, what other movie lines are so spectacular and enduring that they’ll pop into your head in a random moment?

Here are a few more that come to me:

-“Here’s looking at you, kid.” (Humphrey Bogart in “Casablanca.” This one’s for you, Paul.)

-“Go ahead, make my day.” (Clint Eastwood in “Sudden Impact”)

-“Stay close to the candles, the staircase can be treacherous.” (Cloris Leachman in “Young Frankenstein.”….it’s all in the delivery. )

-“I’ll alert the media.” (John Guilgud, “Arthur.”)

-“The dude abides.” (Jeff Bridges, “The Big Lebowski.”)

No comments: